Native-American-themed saddle-pure artwork. The best ive ever seen.

The place to hang out together ..
The Ringo Kid
Generalmajor
Generalmajor

Native-American-themed saddle-pure artwork. The best ive ever seen.

Post by The Ringo Kid » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:04 pm

This is a saddle made by an American of Indian descent-which features a Native American motif. Everything on it symbolizes something in their culture.

The Meaning and Symbolism. White-Country, Seaboy, and Belgarde have named this saddle Chhon’ Ah Kin’ Tog Zhee, which literally translated means “The Blue Yellow Saddle.” However, as in much else in the Dakotah Way, this apparently simple name masks much deeper, and multiple, levels of meaning, and thus, as is explained below, a more appropriate translation of the name of this saddle from Dakotah into English would be “The Spirit Lessons Saddle.”

The Unity of All Things is represented by the two red Medicine Wheel designs incorporated into the beadwork on the seat. On the back of the cantle is a red cross-like symbol that also represents the Four Directions, the Four Powers of the Universe. Above this symbol is a yellow and black design, anchored at each end by a red circle from which hangs a single feather from the Spotted Eagle. For Seaboy, this element of the design—which was the first created by White-Country in her execution of this work—represents the earthly and spiritual lives of the human soul, and the yellow line connecting them, the Path of Life. For his part, Belgarde sees in this symbol reference to the lessons learned from the material world by our spiritual selves. The buffalo skull design, which has been stitched into the seat, represents the Source of Life of the Red People, since traditionally the buffalo provided food, clothing, shelter, tools, and fuel. The Medicine Bag hanging from the right side of the saddle horn represents the medicines indigenous to Turtle Island, the Western Hemisphere. And, the circular piece of pink conch shell that adorns the Medicine Bag symbolizes Mni Wichoni—the Water of Life.

The likes of Roy Rogers and Gene Autry would love to have had a saddle such as this great piece of art. :thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
"Where Liberty Dwells, Is My Country" Ben Franklin.

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Re: Native-American-themed saddle-pure artwork. The best ive ever seen.

Post by Sniper1946 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:28 pm

Not ad nice as your saddle photo carl, but bloody expensive?

Ridden by Roy in his capacity as Marshal of the 1952 Tournament of Roses and again as Grand Marshal in 1977, this very unique All Western Saddle Company, Lusk, Wyoming gleaming white plastic saddle with corona and contrasting black trim is adorned with dozens of hand painted yellow and red roses, Keyston style sterling silver slotted berry conchos plus matching Tapaderos, Bridle and Breast Collar as well as a red plastic reata. Superb condition, c 1950. Roy Rogers and Dale Evans owned several plastic saddles. During the early 1950s, Roy and Dale rode Trigger and Buttermilk in many of the Tournament of Roses parades held annually on New Year's Day in Pasadena, California. Roy tired of seeing their Edward H Bohlin silver saddles get rained on, and had brightly-colored plastic saddles designed for him and Dale by a plastics company in Wyoming. Roy really liked the saddles, commenting that they were lightweight, comfortable, and easy on the horse and rider. Unfortunately for the saddles manufacturer, though, the saddles didn't catch on and only a small number of them were ever made.
http://www.icollector.com/Roy-Rogers-Pe ... e_i8774321

The Ringo Kid
Generalmajor
Generalmajor

Post by The Ringo Kid » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:13 pm

I saw that saddle in person at his museum back in 1981 when we went to California on vacation. His museum was in Victorville, ca. :thumpsup: Also, supposedly he was there at the time but we did not see him. :rain:

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:06 pm

William Boyd holds the prize saddle that was given to the winner of the Hopalong Cassidy Most Colorful Cowboy or Cowgirl Contest which was held in conjunction with the premiere of “In Old Mexico” at the Plaza Theatre in El Paso, Texas in July, 1938. Boyd, Geroge “Windy” Hayes and Russell Hayden and his wife-to-be leading lady Jane (Jan) Clayton all made personal appearances for the premiere.

One lucky winner that won this prize carl...

The Ringo Kid
Generalmajor
Generalmajor

Post by The Ringo Kid » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:42 pm

They had great taste didn't they? I'd love to have owned his saddle too. It'd be worth a fortune these days. But I wouldn't want it for value--just would want it because it was his. :thumpsup:

Also, that's a new one on me. Ive never heard of George ''Gabby'' Hayes referred to as Windy Hayes--but can easily see why he was called Windy. :D :D :D

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:48 pm

The Ringo Kid wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:42 pm
They had great taste didn't they? I'd love to have owned his saddle too. It'd be worth a fortune these days. But I wouldn't want it for value--just would want it because it was his. :thumpsup:

Also, that's a new one on me. Ive never heard of George ''Gabby'' Hayes referred to as Windy Hayes--but can easily see why he was called Windy. :D :D :D
Hayes played the part of Windy Halliday, the sidekick to Hopalong Cassidy :)

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:55 pm

The Ringo Kid
Generalmajor
Generalmajor

Post by The Ringo Kid » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:29 pm

Sniper1946 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:48 pm
The Ringo Kid wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Hayes played the part of Windy Halliday, the sidekick to Hopalong Cassidy :)
DOH!!!!!< (I SHOULDA known that, I never connected the dots. :sos: :D :D :D BTW, soon as I get some stuff sent off to folks here-yer Hoppy DvDs will be sent off. You should get them in Dec-then hopefully, the t-shirt with restored Connery Bridge Too Far Shirt. :thumpsup: :salute:

The Ringo Kid
Generalmajor
Generalmajor

Post by The Ringo Kid » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 pm

Sniper1946 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:55 pm
Image pretty neat carl :thumpsup:
From https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Pawn-silve ... 2234506222
That'd be cool to own, though i'd never wear it as I don't wear jewelry other than a watch. :thumpsup: Gives a new meaning to "Saddle Ring." :D :D :D :D