Post WWII, Daily Life, Recovery & Reconstruction, incidents and events

Anything about ww2 ,Axis ,Allied and Soviet
Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Re: Post WWII, Daily Life, Recovery & Reconstruction, incidents and events

Post by Sniper1946 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Rudolf Höss Camp commandant before his execution, 1947
Punished: Hoess was captured by British forces, taken back to Poland and the site of the Auschwitz death camp where he was hanged on gallows built in the grounds. Before he died he made a full confession about the terrible crimes he had administered there before his execution in 1947
Höss on the gallows, immediately before his execution

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:14 am

GI giving candy to Japanese children. Location: Japan Date taken: October 1946
New Zealand J Force soldiers hosting a Christmas party for Japanese children, Chofu, Japan, between 1946-1948
Japanese children, visiting a Tokyo department store on March 21, 1947
Two small children dying together in the gutter in the Chinese famine of 1946
US soldiers can give Japanese girls a ride in US vehicles when they are on Red Cross tours.

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:51 am

So-called "trümmerfrauen" in front of the destroyed Reichstag Building, Berlin 1945 (in color)

Sensational film footage! Berlin after the apocalypse in color and HD - Berlin In July 1945 (HD 1080p)

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:08 am

How Waffen SS Veterans Exploited Postwar Politics

While hunting for new voters, both the conservative Christian Democratic Union and the center-left Social Democratic Party courted veterans of Hitler's Waffen-SS after World War II. A recent study illustrates how the major parties were taken advantage of in the process
http://www.spiegel.de/international/ger ... 92984.html

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:33 am

Civil Affairs In Germany (1945)

National Archives and Records Administration - ARC 39159, LI 208-UN-1042 - Series: Motion Picture Films from "United News" Newsreels, compiled 1942 - 1945. Part 1, German citizens return to their devastated homes as U.S. army civil affairs units restore order and prepare for rationing food. Part 2 shows ground and aerial views of a new British jet plane. Part 3, U.S. cigarettes and candy are given to Russian troops at a British rest camp. Part 4, allied planes bomb 8 German railroad centers and strafe airfields.

Heinrich
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Heinrich » Fri May 19, 2017 11:36 am

By the end of August 1943, it became clear to German planners that soon a new headquarters would be needed to lead the eastern front, away from potential warfare, and at the same time be able to coordinate them. Lower Silesia was very good at its location. Sowie Mountains - almost perfect! Native Germans - residents of these areas - made it easier for them to keep their works secret and reduce the risk of sabotage. In small gatherings of people where everyone knew each other, the new person immediately raised suspicion. Most importantly, this area was tested in fairly close operations. This is, among other things. Lower Silesia was relocated from 1942 to the production of a number of arms factories evacuated from the Allied German cities bombed by the Allies from the center of the Reich.

What did the "Riese" construction process look like, how big was this project in terms of logistics and execution?

It was a truly gigantic undertaking, covering several separate construction sites and a lot of field preparation. It would be mistaken for someone who thinks that the work involved only a drill in a mountain slope. It was just a part of them. After all, it was supposed to be the most modern and largest accommodation for the leader of the Third Reich and commanders of various types of troops. It was necessary, at least, to prepare a network of roads and bridges, to reach individual objects first heavy construction equipment and then its tenants. The narrow gauge railway network was also used to deliver construction materials to the neighborhood of construction sites.

Interestingly, the Germans continued to use the traditional, civilian, already existing in this area for years to keep their accommodation secret. Walimska railway. For the supply of construction sites in the vicinity of Włodarz they created a new network of narrow gauge railways running from the siding in Olszyniec. Most of this work in the field was required at the beginning. Clearing up large areas of forests. There was also a special telecommunication network that was supposed to make contact between the various commandos between themselves and Berlin. The best postwar reports of the Field Investigations Company, which, thanks to the help of Anton Dalmus, claiming to be the main energy of the "Riese" project, have been excavated for weeks by the copper cables.
How many people have participated in the construction of this gigantic complex?

Many German companies were involved in construction work in the Owl Mountains. They were initially a strange creation called the Industrial Community of Silesia, and later the Organization of Todt. I must stress here that recent research somewhat this view complicates. I have in mind the book by Romuald Owczarek. "Riese Holocaust. The defeat of the Todt Organization in the Owl Mountains". This publication is almost entirely devoted to answers to questions - who, when, and how to build "Riese".

The conditions on each building site were dramatic! If every junior high school student even hit hell in the world for a day, he would turn his eyes to the world - he would make a complete overhaul. Because instead of a problem like "I can not log in to Facebook for an hour", I would have problems like: will I eat something in the end if I find a piece of rags somewhere to wrap my bare feet at twenty degrees and the most important thing: will I live tomorrow ?! And death was very easy. For the prisoners of the AL "Riese" sub-camps, which were used brilliantly in the construction of the quarters, was a daily routine. As a result, by May 9, 1945, nearly 5 thousand people were killed in the Sowie Mountains. A little over 150 prisoners died of illness and exhaustion during the weeks following the liberation.

How many people survived the "Riese Hell"? Have you tried to reach them?

There is currently no data to determine precisely how many people could have survived "Riese". It is difficult because of the fact that these people came from different groups: forced laborers, prisoners of war and prisoners. It is known that some of the prisoners - due to their incapacity to work - were deported from AL "Riese" camps in September and October 1944. Although most of them probably died, maybe someone survived. It is not known how many people survived the last spring evacuations from the AL camps "Riese" in 1945. It is also unknown how many prisoners were found on 8-9 May 1945 by the Soviet and Polish troops in the liberated camps "Riese". These prisoners were certainly a few hundred. Some, such as in the AL Erlenbusch camp, in the area of ​​present Olszyniec, saw that the SS men escaped, went to the kitchen and, after satisfying their hunger, went to the area.

Most of the healthy and surviving prisoners from the AL camps "Riese" immediately set off on their way to their homes. Currently, many of their relationships are available and written down. In 1962 the Wydawnictwo Łódzkie published, for example, the most fascinating, what scary reminiscences of the Jew Abram Kajzer. Over the next decades of the relationship came - many of them became the content of the press articles. A few years ago there were some of the most interesting memories of all time. I mean here are the accounts of the Hungarian Jews who survived "Riese". Their uniqueness and weight stem from the fact that they were developed immediately after the war, in the years 1945-1946, by the National Committee of Hungarian Jews for the Deportees. These are not memories then written down 30 or 40 years after the fact.

What was the situation in the Owl Mountains after entering these areas of the Red Army?

Living in the Sowie Mountains just after the war looked almost like the Wild West: continuous shootings, fights, seizures, robberies and conflicts between recent enemies: the German inhabitants of the Owls and Polish settlers. About these difficult events told me. The first few post-war settlers with whom I had the pleasure of talking. This is also confirmed by the reports of other witnesses, including the Germans, and the documents I have received. For example, in the reports I reviewed from local MO posters, I have encountered many cases of confiscation of illegal weapons or illegal use in my reports in the years 1947-1948. The first post-war months, it was the time where robbery was on the agenda! Officials of the Uniform were also admitted to it, who at times had the purpose of enriching themselves to abuse their position.

As far as the Russians are concerned, the son of the first commandant of MO in Walim told me that after the war they were interested in tunnels in Sierpnica, ie today's Osowiec. Apparently they were doing some sap work there. Right after the war ended, the Soviet commissioner began working in Walim. He was stationed in the so-called. Marzena. Unfortunately, everything that is currently known about Soviet action in the Owl Mountains during the first post-war months comes from oral relationships. In addition, they are often the relationship of the second or third hand, and this always reduces their credibility. This thread is, unfortunately, still a white spot in the history of "Riese". But I hope that I will be able to present something to the readers in the near future.

How did the underground "Riese" were treated in the Polish People's Republic? What changed after the breakthrough in Poland in 1989?

During the Polish People's Republic, The situation began to change only in the late 1960s, mainly on the initiative of local history buffs. Former president of the Wałbrzych Club "Bat," Andrzej Nowicki, reminded me that on All Saints a group of 30-40 people went to Osówka to light candles there. In April 1969, the Wałbrzych branch of PTTK began to mark the so-called route. The path of martyrology, which passes by the corner of Osówka and Walimskie Stables. It also started under the so-called. Social activities order the area before some tunnels. At the beginning of the 1970s, members of the "Bat" began organizing first trips to the caves of the Osówka or Walimskie Ships. All this, however, does not change the fact that real underground tourism began in the Owl Mountains only after the change of system, when the next tunnels became part of the so-called. Underground tourist routes! I recommend here readers of the second volume of the fascinating book by Tomasz Rzeczycki. "Underground tourist routes of Poland - strategic objects". This story is described in detail.

There are no sensational theories about the destination of "Riese"; They have been around for years.

Sensational theories about the destiny of "Riese", contrary to appearances, is not so much. Most of them are in one way or another combined with Wunderwaffe production. So we talk about the V-2 rocket production and firing center, the atomic research center, the chemical research center and the biological research center. There is also a hypothesis in which Riese attempts to make the German anti-gravity test and the so-called " UFO Hitler - that is V-7.

And which of these theories for the Lord is the most sensational?

Sensational - I mean, the least reliable? Definitely the last one. While the German work on the ABC weapons is a historical fact, which does not mean that they were working under the "Riese", the German work on antigravity and the V-7 is a postwar invention - as I wrote in a very detailed three- "The Last Secret of the Wunderwaffe". Explaining the mystery of where the myth of the V-7 was originated, who were the authors of his individual stories, and how he had evolved to the present-day size of one of the greatest myths of World War II, took me 10 years of research. Anyway, I am still gathering new material on this subject, because myths have it to themselves that they do not die, but they continue to stretch their tentacles.

Why is it often enough to rule out a likely theory that an "underground city" in the Owl Mountains might have been a secret quarters built for Adolf Hitler?

Well, I do not know why? Perhaps the reason is that such a hypothesis is too prosaic for some of the fans of the secrets of World War II. Too mundane Meanwhile, the hypothesis of "Riese" as a secret research center for the Wunderwaffe brings with it a huge potential for various sensational themes: what was the weapon at that stage, at which stage it was being developed, whether it was applied militarily or could reverse the fate of the war and - Hidden in the hidden mountains of the Owls, masked by the retreating Germans. I know at least two people who believe that some underground sausage in the Owl Mountains is ready to fly a German flying saucer. Some people just need such fairy tales and many authors, seeing the demand for this type of fabricated story, systematically produces it. This is a world of conspiracy theories, which have long since absorbed the "Riese" and every year they are enriched with new fantastic elements, which additionally have to entice people in the head. I can tell you that I will take this subject very extensively in one of my latest books. It will be hot!

And how do you think the real purpose of the "Riese" was? What conclusions have you made on the basis of your research?

Thanks to the research I have definitely managed to exclude the aforementioned myth about "Riese" as a test site for German UFOs. And what was my destiny for "Riese"? A few years ago, while preparing the screenplay for the film "The Mystery of Riese," I said, "Can you be sure that the change over the space of several dozen months of work on the underworlds has not had a significant impact on changing their destiny. Initially, in the second half of 1943, it was supposed to be a quarters, 12 months later it was no longer built as a factory or laboratories. " Today I think alike. Undoubtedly, "Riese" was intended to be Hitler's giant headquarters in September 1943. Personally I have no doubt about it. But at the very end of the war, in the face of the fact that as no longer used quarters, there was no ad hoc project of another use of underground halls built so far? I think such an eventuality can be considered.

What have you been able to discover to the researchers in the "Riese" tunnels? There are no theories that there are, for example, various valuables stolen by the Germans in Europe.

At the beginning of 1945, just after the Soviet offensive in January, work on the Owls was stopped. At that time, numerous convoys of trucks were brought into the underground area, which brought out construction equipment. Perhaps it was these transports, which were seen by locals, after the war inspired the creation of legends about stealthy at night at secret convoys transporting to the underground "Riese" treasures or gold in Wroclaw. Personally, I know only one type of story, which, possibly, is credible. Speaking of the third tunnel on Gontowa. This is a really unusual story! But maybe we can leave it to her for another interview, because it's a big topic.

Speaking of hidden treasures in the vaults of the Owls, it is also worth noting that the "Riese" subterranean mounds are only part of the sedan beds in the Sowie Mountains. This area has been active mining for several centuries. Today there are more than 120 mines that were once functioning there. In my opinion, if the retreating Germans had hidden something in the Owl Mountains, they definitely did so not in the military interest of the Riese complex, but in one of those old and long forgotten mines.

There is also the opinion that "Riese" contains the remains of prisoners who were to be shot by the Germans.

As for the rumors about bodies buried in prisoners inmate by the Germans, I am not convinced by this hypothesis. It may have been from the postwar relationship of the local population with the rotting body of rotting bodies that had come from some undergrounds. But the explanation of this puzzle can be prosaic and unrelated to genocide. So, most of the complexes in the Owl Mountains are vertical glass windows, which were to perform, among others. Ventilation functions. After the war they were unprotected or poorly secured. As a result, many different animals came to the dungeons. The windows are several meters tall, so as soon as the animal fell, it died. In one of my books I described the account of the cleansing of the shaft at the end of the 60s at Osrowka. As the participant reminded me, Andrzej Nowicki, the first thing he did when he reached the bottom of the shaft was vomiting. The reason was the incredible stench of a completely rotten animal that had fallen from time to time before.

And what relationship has the complex "Riese" with the castle in Książ?

"Riese" was supposed to be Hitler's headquarters. Its composition was to include several independent underground complexes dedicated to military staff and high German lieutenants. The underground was supposed to be the place of their work - that is to direct the war and the Third Reich. Meanwhile, the Chancellery of the Reich and Hitler's residence were to be established on Książ. In a word, it was supposed to be a place where Hitler could stay in "Riese", and wherever he could reach quickly. What must be understood, this residence also had to fulfill several important tasks, thus enabling Hitler to work and contact with Berlin. The head of the Third Reich was supposed to have his studio at the castle, a conference room, a reading room, a bedroom and a bathroom. The rest of the rooms of this enormous castle were to be occupied by his military and civilian guests, their aides, doctors and other accompanying persons.

In addition, many of the rooms were meant for communications, press, ambassadors, etc. In the event of an air raid under the castle, huge underground shelters were built. The basis of the above information are original German documents. Readers interested in deepening this knowledge refer to the book "The Mystery of Riese" on the trail of Hitler's largest quarters "by Jacek Kowalski, Robert Kudelski and Zbyszko Rekucia and the book by Darek Garby" Secret Project of the Third Reich, FHQu "Riese". Both publications really bring a lot to the topic.

What do you think about the hypothesis that some of the complex remains hidden by the Germans and still remains to be discovered?

The hypothesis that some underground complex in the Owl Mountains remained undetected can not be ruled out in 100%. Just as 100 per cent can not be ruled out that Poland will ever win the World Cup in football. In my opinion, however, there is no clear evidence of the existence of such missing underworld. This hypothesis is also not confirmed by the use of modern technology. For example, those based on Air Laser Scanning (LiDAR) allow you to view the Owl Mountains without vegetation! In a word, in such an image you can see whether there is a grounded infrastructure, a road or even a path, or a dig or a dump in some unspanned area. Why look for such an infrastructure? Because without two sentences should keep in the neighborhood of masked underground.

Works on the construction of a military-style tunnel were accompanied by grubbing and landscaping, the construction of reinforced concrete foundations for the crusher and other heavy equipment, and other terrestrial works, such as the creation of access roads and narrow gauge railway tracks. So you would not only have to mask the entrance to the underground, but also mask the entire adjoining area! The analysis of the Sowie Mountains, using the above technology, does not show places where there is mysterious terrestrial infrastructure, which may be a remnant of underground works. For me, this is a very important argument for the absence of unknown underground complexes in the Owl Mountains. As for this riddle, I am not convinced by the series of anonymous letters that I received some time ago, and in which the author tried to interest me in this subject and convince me that such undergrounds existed and his father visited them.

In any case, to this day, we have not been able to explore the whole area ...

The situation in complexes is already quite different. There is no doubt that in Sobon and Gontowa unexplored fragments of the underground still exist. This is confirmed by the legal exploration of the past several years, which revealed previously unknown sections of the tunnel. It is difficult to say, however, whether the infiltrations they defended so far were part of their masking by the Germans, or whether it was the work of Polish or Soviet troops from the first postwar years. There is no documentation, and the post-war accounts of witnesses - mostly Polish settlers - may be misleading.

In conclusion, I think that the hypothesis of the legendary masked complexes will forever become part of the secrets and unreality of the undergrounds of the Owls. Some of the fans of history like such stories, like to think that the truth has a second, unknown bottom. They will insist on these almost conspiring theories of cultivating.

What are the problems encountered by Riese investigators? Do they relate, for example, to physical difficulties, to terrain, or to the difficulty of verifying available documents?

Difficulties encountered by researchers are different, because the research is different. Some of the people I do not belong to do field research. It is essential to obtain the appropriate permits and to acquire funds to pay for the use of professional equipment. Individuals looking for archives looking for documentation "Riese" encounter difficulties. Here you have to count on happiness, consistency and focus on the multi-year query. What interests me the most is the reports of witnesses and the history of postwar research "Riese". I have also devoted my few books on "Riese", such as three volumes of "Underground Mysteries of the Owl Mountains". In the case of Mountains Owls we can safely say about the so-called. Second, secondary circle of secrets. Immediately after the war, the underworld was a mystery. The questions were asked: why did they arise and what is inside them? Today - after nearly seventy years - the mystery itself is the story of postwar research of the Owls. It turns out that the image of this story is by no means complete and complete.

For research "Riese" - such as mine - very fruitful is the fact that still not created and probably soon will be created some centralized archive, which would collect all the documents related to the exploration works in Sowiogórskie underground. Looking at the issue from a purely academic, academic point of view, anyone who wants to conduct their research on this issue is forced, among others. To gather the necessary literature. And its a huge amount. In my case, this has been reduced to the many months spent in the library by browsing the newspapers. Thanks to that I have over half a thousand articles about "Riese". It's probably the richest archive of its kind. As far as I know, similar queries, albeit to a lesser extent, have led to a few people already. In other words, each of us did the same.

In modern academic science this is rather unthinkable. The lack of a single archive containing material on the Sowiogorsky underground has yet another significant minus. It is very probable that the facts that were once discovered during one of the postwar military expeditions to the underworld are now oblivious and require re-discovery. There is also the certainty that in many post-war years many of the Owl Mountains riddles were discovered separately by several separate teams. In short, the so-called. The balance of the already opened doors in the case of the post-war exploration of the undergrounds in the Owl Mountains has been and is!

Are there still people who have knowledge of "Riese"?

I understand that you mean someone from the German staff who oversees this work. Well, maybe someone is still alive, but I doubt that he wants to brag about it. And I'm not referring here to any legendary secret "Riese", which according to some conspiracy theories are in the Owls still hidden by the so-called. guards. This is a much simpler thing - for the consequences that such a witness would have to bear for participating in war crimes! For we remember the most important thing - "Riese" was once flowed with human blood. Anyone who has taken part in overseeing this project has this blood on his hands ...

(RZ)
Regards :
Henk

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:55 am

Mysterious Odessa still undiscovered

Text google translated.........

Today nobody questions the fact that after the war there were many institutions that helped Nazi criminals in hiding and arranging a new identity. The dispute about the role of the mysterious Odessa in this abuse but still raises emotions.
<back
The last days of World War II rather not associate the best in Germany. When word spread that Hitler shot himself in his bunker, no one had any illusions that this is the end. Berlin Red Army was equal to the ground, and from the west were coming US-British troops. Anyone who had any connections with the criminal state apparatus, in a fit of panic sold off the property and fled as soon as possible. No one wanted to fall into the hands of the Soviets, because there was too great a risk that instead of the court, will go to the so-called bullet killed a ditch. historical justice. Even Heinrich Himmler shaved off his mustache and turned to run.

Escape routes, contemptuously called rat lines, always led by a certain town: Bremen, Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Munich and continue to Memmingen, a medieval town in the Bavarian district podalpejskim. Here they are separated the road. One led to Lindau on Lake Constance, where he again shared (to Austria or Switzerland), the second led to Innsbruck and continue through the Brenner Pass to Italy. After a stop in Rome refugees were sent to one of the Italian ports and from there they sailed, where they could. Most often to South America, especially Argentina, because it was an open secret that President Juan Perón Nazis greeted with open arms.

One of the biggest mysteries of World War II. Mystery complex "Riese"
This story began over 70 years ago. Having built in the Owl Mountains, the new headquarters of Hitler, was to be the largest of its kind - this is why the project has received its codename "Riese", or "Giant"
SEE MORE: http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/kiosk/jedna-z ... iese/leypr
Today we know that the vast majority of Nazi criminals was never judged, and many fled from justice high-ranking murderers. The discussion on whether helping them to escape the mysterious Odessa organization, going on for years.

The fact is that the ten thousand refugees, more than 800 fake passports settled through the Vatican and the International Red Cross. According to some historians to organize assistance on this scale require action at the institutional level.

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:56 am

part 2
The long list of shame

Odessa ignites mass imagination at least since 1972. When her myth popularized the sensational novel Fredericka Forsytha "Odessa Files". British writer plot of the book focuses on the secret organization members of the SS, which set itself the goal of helping war criminals escape from law enforcement agencies and to provide them a secure life after the war. The idea itself is not sucked from the finger, because of the existence of the secret organization were convinced a lot of people, led by Simon Wiesenthal, the famous Nazi hunter, and even the American FBI.

The idea of ​​the establishment of Odessa (Ger. Ehemaligen Organization der SS Angehörigen, the Organization of Former SS Members) had to leave during the war of Heinrich Himmler. The original concept was based on the fact that in the event of losing the war to create a grid of conspiracy, the purpose of which will help in the disappearance of the SS. It was not just settle a new identity and allow the departure, but also provide the means to life, to serve what were looted during the war valuables.

The money was the most important in the whole intention, because I had to bribe officials Knead the new documents and to finance the trip and the first months of life in a new place of residence. According to one theory was not just gratitude organization that wanted to reward faithful service, but the desire to build on the ruins of Hitler's Third Reich himmlerowskiej Fourth Reich. Ideal for that place seemed to Argentina. He spoke to her advantage a significant distance from Europe, as well as the person and Vice President Juana Peróna minister of war (in 1946. Was president), who were close to National Socialism password.

Depressing impressive fact, as many high-ranking criminals managed to escape. Opens a list of shame Adolf Eichmann, organizer of the extermination of the Jews, which comes in a refugee passport in the name of Richard Klement fled to Argentina. At the same country was Josef Mengele, the sadistic doctor from Auschwitz, who, as Helmut Gregor fled from Buenos Aires to Paraguay and Brazil. Of course, the fugitives were more, just to mention that among them were Franz Stangl (the commander of the extermination camps of Sobibor and Treblinka), Gustav Wagner (deputy commandant at Sobibor), Klaus Barbie (the head of the Gestapo in Lyon), Erich Priebke (head of the Gestapo in Brescia), Ante Pavelić (responsible for genocide against Serbs, Jews and Gypsies), Edward Roschmann (commander of the ghetto in Riga), Walter Rauff (responsible for the development of mobile gas chambers) or Alois Brunner (a close associate of Eichmann).

"Our Folks"

After the end of World War II, the United Nations Commission for the Investigation of War Crimes Matters has compiled a register containing the names of nearly one million 120 thousand. criminals and 800 thousand. persons suspected of war crimes. Only a fraction of the number of people heard any complaints. British journalist Guy Walters in the book "Chasing evil" reports that anyone but the Israelis, especially not keen on prosecuting criminals. Especially the Germans. Cites as evidence the information that German intelligence knew about this exactly where Adolf Eichmann already resides in 1952., Ie eight years before his apprehension. It passed into the hands of justice until 1960 and then only because the Mossad took matters into his own hands.

The coverage of Nazi criminals participated not only Argentina, but the United States ( "Operation Paperclip"), which depended on attracting scientists for their research, as well as the Vatican, in whose ranks many priests saw the Nazis defense against Bolshevism.

It's not everything. Many of the officers of the Wehrmacht occupied high positions not only in reviving the Bundeswehr, but also in the East German National People's Army (almost every other officer was trained by the Abwehr). As reported by Norbert Frei in his book "The policy towards the past", as the third member of the cabinet of Chancellor Konrad Adenauer was a member of the Nazi party. Even worse was the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In 1952. Functions in high positions served there more than former Nazis in the days of the Nazi Party members Ribbentrop. There was better with the German Federal Intelligence Service, which was responsible for the formation of post-war Gehlenowi Reinhard, former General Intelligence Nazi. No settlement criminals frequented compromising. People from the past did not have nothing to fear, provided it is not too much paraded.

Does this mean that behind all this was the mysterious Odessa? Not completely. Although many historians are convinced of its existence, in fact, lack of convincing evidence to confirm this fact.

Let's start with the fact that countries such as Argentina or the United States does not need to be bribed to host a precious refugees from the Third Reich. The results of research by German specialists, although criminal, was a bargaining chip in itself. Perón wanted to make their country strong and militarized state, and fled z Niemiec, scientists, doctors, soldiers and engineers were eligible for this purpose perfectly. A complex network of international connections that allowed the end of the war, leaving hundreds of Nazis to Argentina, Uki Goñi perfectly described in the book "The Real Odessa", which recently appeared on the Polish market.

Americans also sought allies in the nascent conflict with the Soviet Union. Just to mention that Wernher von Braun, who worked for Hitler's rockets V-1 and V-2 helped create NASA rocket, which was the first man on the moon, and Hubertus Strughold, conducting human experiments in Dachau, was called the father of the American space medicine.

At a joint account

It can not be ruled out that the end of the war, Himmler actually strive to achieve the plan of Odessa, doubtful, however, that managed to create an organization with such a wide influence extended camera, as shown even Forsyth. The document recently produced by the station ZDF suggests that Odessa, though she had the ambition has never been a unified structure and in fact consisted of dozens of more or less formal organization that helped the SS. He contributed to the Soviet propaganda. In short, any activity aimed at helping the Nazis attributed to the mythical Odessa.

As for the fact that there were other organizations helping criminals, no doubt. Take although German Stille Hilfe (Silent Help), founded in 1946. By a group of senior SS officers and right-wing clerics. At its head stood the Princess Helena Elisabeth von Isenburg, the wife of a Nazi scientist Wilhelm Prinz von Isenburg. This is the organization closest to Odessa today. Its aim was to provide assistance to all who przysłużyli the Third Reich, and they had trouble after the end of hostilities.

In the early years of the organization it was secret, it registered only in 1951. Because it allowed to conduct fundraising. Officially, the "prisoners of war and internees." Members wrote letters and petitions in defense of veterans. In later years they dealt with the financing of the legal costs, hiring an attorney and all the legal bills. Stille Hilfe took care of the veterans who left the prison walls, helped settle in the old age home, ensure the maintenance and medical care.

Organization actively supported Gudrun Burwitz, the daughter of Heinrich Himmler, who after the war founded - Wiking-Jugend (Viking Youth), which is a direct continuation of the Hitler Youth. In the years 1951-1992 worked as the organization HIAG (Mutual Aid Association of Former Members of the Waffen-SS), whose aim was to help veterans activities for their rehabilitation and the fight for social benefits. All similar initiatives only podgrzewały myth of Odessa.
source: http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/tylko-w-oneci ... yta/881cfz

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:29 am

The winter in 1946/47 is one of the coldest of the 20th century. The consequences of the devastating war forced not only the population in the mountainous region to the knees, because of the food and heating shortages. The supply of coal remains undefined and what is on the market is unaffordable for most. Therefore many have to resort to the last resort. They steal the cabins (coal) directly from goods trains or trucks to alleviate the most serious distress.
September Japanese soldiers and civilians crowd trains bound for Tokyo after the demobilization of the Japanese military.

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:51 am

Men have drinks while awaiting demobilization, Belgium, 1945.