Drawings of WWII exploding chocolate bar bombs discovered

all grenades ,explosives ,mines etc
Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Drawings of WWII exploding chocolate bar bombs discovered

Post by Sniper1946 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:43 am

Drawings of wartime booby trap bombs, including an exploding chocolate bar and devices intended to sink ships have been rediscovered after 70 years.
an exclusive look at them.: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34399018

Pepovnblbovn
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: Drawings of WWII exploding chocolate bar bombs discovere

Post by Pepovnblbovn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:16 pm

I heard a lot of stories from my grandad and his mates how allied bombers droping it all around Slovakia... Stories about , how kids opened it with smiles on their face, and this "chocolates" simply exploded... I my oppinion one of allied war crimes which was never investigated

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:53 pm

Pepovnblbovn wrote:I heard a lot of stories from my grandad and his mates how allied bombers droping it all around Slovakia... Stories about , how kids opened it with smiles on their face, and this "chocolates" simply exploded... I my oppinion one of allied war crimes which was never investigated

Not sure the allies dropped chocolate, as this invention was a german plot in an attempt to assassinate churchill...if you have evidence of the allies using it please post, as I'd be Interested to see where/why it was used.....

The Ringo Kid
Generalmajor
Generalmajor

Post by The Ringo Kid » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Woulda been a hell of a waste of good chocolate. :D :D
"Where Liberty Dwells, Is My Country" Ben Franklin.

The Ringo Kid
Generalmajor
Generalmajor

Post by The Ringo Kid » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Hey Ray, I can't get to anything else--all I get is connection time out messages.
"Where Liberty Dwells, Is My Country" Ben Franklin.

Pepovnblbovn
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by Pepovnblbovn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:15 pm

It was something like candy boxes ( boxes of sweets), sometimes it was full of candies and sweets or "full" of explosives...

Sniper1946
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Post by Sniper1946 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:02 am

Pepovnblbovn wrote:It was something like candy boxes ( boxes of sweets), sometimes it was full of candies and sweets or "full" of explosives...

I doubt that either pep. the only time I recall, was post war, in 1948, then it was the berlin airlift: Interview with Gail Halvorsen, the Berlin Candy Bomber

Gail Halvorsen, 88, a child of the Depression, recalls watching planes soar over his family farm in Utah and how he longed someday to be at the controls. As America geared up for the looming world war, Halvorsen was accepted into a pilot-training program. The attack on Pearl Harbor prompted him to join the Army Air Corps, and he trained on fighters with the Royal Air Force. Reassigned to military transport service, Halvorsen remained in the service at war’s end. He was flying C-74 Globemasters and C-54 Skymasters out of Mobile, Ala., when word came in June 1948 that the Soviet Union had blockaded West Berlin. During the 15-month airlift (Operation Vittles), American and British pilots delivered more than 2 million tons of supplies to the city. But it was Halvorsen’s decision to airdrop candy to children (Operation Little Vittles) that clinched an ideological battle and earned him the lasting affection of a free West Berlin.
Full story: http://www.historynet.com/interview-wit ... bomber.htm

Operation Little Vittles
"The Candy Bombers," a new book by author Andrei Cherny, chronicles the heroic Berlin airlift to drop food during the Cold War. Harry Smith talks to Cherny and bomber Gail Halvorsen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1obiI4RVAw0